Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Jesus at Church?

This past weekend we celebrated the kid's birthdays. We had a really great time at the party, but ran out of time to open the gifts, so we opened them at home. Marshall got a new wallet for his birthday! Jason gave Marshall some money on Saturday night to "give to Jesus" at church on Sunday!
Sunday morning arrived and Marshall was VERY excited about having a new wallet. We had to change clothes to find pockets that could accommodate the wallet! He remembered to take it to church, kept up with it and took it to Sunday School with him.
As I picked up the kids from Sunday School, I asked Marshall, "Did you give your money to Jesus today?"
He replied, "No, He didn't come today!"

6 comments:

  1. I think that this is a great way to keep up with the kids stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me lol. :) It reminds me of when my kids were about 4 and I would always tell them to put their seatbelts on and then pray a little prayer for angles to keep us safe as we drive. Well, my oldest son said, "Mom, wait, don't go yet, we didn't put the seat belt on Jesus." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops - just noticed a typo - angels - not angles - haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too hilarious. Our boys need to get together; they are too much alike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful idea! Marshall is just so clever! I miss y'all so much.

    ReplyDelete